Meet Richard Hricik
Richard Hricik is a personal injury attorney who serves Charleston and the surrounding counties in all of South Carolina. He represents clients in a variety of practice areas, including personal injury, wrongful death, insurance claims, and business litigation. He is based in Mount Pleasant, SC and practices in both state and federal court in South Carolina and Ohio.
Richard has received numerous awards and distinctions including recognition as a SuperLawyer, Martindale-Hubbel A/V Rating of Preeminent, Member Million Dollar Advocates, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, and National Trial Lawyers Top 100 – South Carolina. Learn more
He is an active member of the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America), the South Carolina Association for Justice, the Federal Bar Association, and the Charleston County Bar.
Committed to improving our community, the firm donates a percentage of all fees earned. Richard does education outreach to make our community safer and works to conserve and preserve the Lowcountry’s natural resources.
In addition to his work as an attorney, Richard has appeared on television and radio as a legal commentator. You can watch Richard’s appearances on Count-on-2 News here.
He is also politically active, speaking out for issues that affect working people including voting rights, access to the courts and preservation of the jury system.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., Order of the Barristers (for outstanding oral advocacy)
- Cleveland State University, B.B.A., Accounting, cum laude
- South Carolina, [YYYY]
- Ohio, 1993
Full Biography & Firm Profile
Born and raised in a working-class suburb of Cleveland, Ohio, Richard has worked jobs ranging from gas station employee to dishwasher to painter to forklift driver, and worked full-time while earning his undergraduate degree in accounting at night – graduating with honors. He then went on to work for the then largest international accounting firm in the world dealing with often complex tax compliance issues.
While in law school, Richard clerked for the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Attorneys Office Felony Trial Division, both in Washington, DC. After graduating from William & Mary Law School in 1993, he practiced law with two large firms in Cleveland Ohio.
In 1997, Richard relocated to Charleston, South Carolina and was a member of the faculty of Charleston Southern University where he taught Criminal Justice and Constitutional Law to undergraduate and graduate students and continued in the limited practice of law.
Richard returned to the full-time practice of law in 2000, focusing on personal injury matters as well as numerous other claims including business litigation, real estate disputes and legal malpractice claims.
Since 2000 Richard has represented hundreds of clients and brought numerous cases to a successful resolution through settlement or at trial. Hear from them.
Awards & Recognitions
In recognition of his work on behalf of plaintiffs, Richard has received several professional distinctions, including:
- Super Lawyer – 2012-2015 – A rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Less than 5% of all South Carolina lawyers receive this distinction.
- Martindale Hubbel – Rated A/V Preeminent. His peers (other lawyers and judges in the area) believe he demonstrates the highest level of professional ability (A) as well as the highest level of professional ethics (V).
- Life Member Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Limited to attorneys who have won million dollar verdicts and settlements.
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Less than 1% of practicing attorneys in the United States are members. The recipients of this prestigious award have demonstrated the highest ideals of the legal profession.
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers in South Carolina
Committed to Improving Our Community
Richard has shown his commitment to improving the Charleston community in 3 ways!
- Financially – The firm donates a percentage of all fees to support numerous charities and local community organizations. Over the years thousands upon thousands of dollars have been given to organizations ranging from United Way to East Cooper Community Outreach to Louie’s Kids to Youth Sports leagues.
- Education Outreach – Richard is committed to making our community safer and has put on the End Distracted Driving to local middle schools and is available to present at any school. He also acts as a Mock Trial coach, further educating our children on the importance of the law.
- Conservation – The Law Offices of Richard A. Hricik was a proud participant in the Charleston Green Business Challenge increasing recycling and reducing energy use. In addition, Richard supports Heirs Property Foundation, East Cooper Land Trust and Coastal Conservation League helping to preserve the Lowcountry.
He also volunteers with a number of local organizations and has served as Board Chair of a local Montessori Charter School and as a church Trustee.
He is married to Pam, his wife of over 15 years, and they are blessed to have two daughters who fill their lives with joy.